Monday, August 26, 2013

First Week in El Salvador...

Mi Familia!!!
Man, if you only knew the week I have had.  El Salvador is crazy.  The people literally live in cinderblock houses with tin roofs and many have dirt floors.  My house is very small, but big here because it has an upstairs.  I'll try to send some pictures.
 I miss home so much and the wonderful things I have back there.  I miss being able to mess around with my brothers!!   I live with my comp and two other elders who are the ZLs.  My area is called Rio Zarco, it's a little ways a way from Santa Ana and a pretty poor town.  My Comp is from Pueblo, Mexico and doesn't speak a word of English.  The only other person in my entire Area that speaks English is one of the ZLs, but even then most of the time he speaks in Spanish.   It is so humid and hot here.
Thank you for all of the advice you have given me, reading your emails today has been such a huge relief.
The people here are not shy about anything haha!  The little ninos in some houses just run around naked haha!  It's pretty funny!  The kids are the cutest kids ever, and are so fun to try and talk to!  Nick would fit right in down here, he looks like all of them!  Boys, keep playing hard in football for me!  I hope the season starts off good.  I miss football games sooo much and being able to see you all play, you will do great!
Thank you for your prayers and for thinking about me.  Sometimes I feel like I am completely alone out here, but I know that I am not.  I don't have much more time so I gotta go.  I love you all so much.  Thank you again for the advice, Mom and Dad,  I took a pic of it with my camera so I can read it again later, I know I will need to!
I don't know how to send the pictures yet and I am out of time so I'll try again next week, I'm sorry!
Love you!!  I love the family pics, they are great!
Oh and in the package, send me another book to put pictures, and more hard copies of pictures!
Gracias!

Love,

Elder P.R.Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment