Monday, January 20, 2014

Dang Dengue Fever!

HOLA!!!!!
Man this week went by really fast for me too! Ah, all the elders are pretty pumped for that package to get here haha.  No, I haven't got any pictures yet, but I'm very excited to see them! Hopefully this week! 
Nickel has braces? And is the 1st counselor in the deacons quorum? What the freak?  Don't worry bud, the pain eventually goes away! How long does he have to have them on? That's sweet you're the 1st counselor too! Proud of you dude!  So you all liked the El Salvadoreño restaurant? I'm glad you guys got the fried platinos! They are my favorite thing here.  It's like a banana, but bigger! 

Ah Hermana Nancy is so awesome.  She keeps saying how bad she just wants to come to Utah.  She told Elder Nielson that she was gonna move up there and take care of his kids, haha, and then she could still cook for all of us once I got home.  Elder Nielson and I were thinking that she could come and make pupusas for the city carnivals and stuff like that! We could make some good money I think.  

Okay so this week was really good! Well, up until yesterday... But we had Elder S.'s birthday this past Wednesday and had a surprise lunch for him at a members house! It was a lot of fun! Y later in the week, we talked again with the Familia L.  This family is so sweet! We get to their house and everyone is there, the dad, mom, 3 kids, gma and the gma´s sister.  They told us that they wanted us to give the gma´s sister a blessing because we gave one to R. and his mom and they both felt fantastic the next day.  They are so interested in our church and always have great questions for us! They all came to church yesterday, menos two of the kids.  But we're gonna put a date with R. and his son, R. Jr this week.  
J.C. didn't come to church yesterday, not sure what happened with that.  We couldn't find him after church either.  He still has the date for this next Sunday, so I really hope it all works out, I'm due for a baptism!!
SO yesterday wasn't so great because I got pretty sick.  I had a bad headache during church and right before we left to work in the afternoon, I got really, really cold.  I figured I was good so we left and about an hour later, I was hating it.  Thought for sure I was gonna throw up! So we headed back to the house and called the nurse of the mission. She told me to just rest and drink water.  Later, I started to get all of the symptoms of Dengue.  Dengue is that disease I told you about that comes from the mosquitos.  I really hope I don't have that! I went and had some tests done in the hospital this morning so we are just waiting for the results.  But I am feeling better today! No worries mom!! :] 

I am so glad that everyone is doing well! I love this gospel and I love being a missionary!! As members of the Church, we have the responsibility to share this gospel to the world, I see that  as such an honor! 
I love you all so much! Talk to you next week! 

Elder Thorpe

Oh, we also have a meeting with Elder Quinton L Cook this Thursday!!! I am beyond stoked for that! And it is with all of the missions here in El Salvador! 700 missionaries! I'm excited to see all of my buddies!!

Got the tests back... So yeah, it was dengue... But I feel better, so nothing to worry about! Love you all! 


Dengue Fever:  Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. Sometimes symptoms are mild and can be mistaken for those of the flu or anotherviral infection. Younger children and people who have never had the infection before tend to have milder cases than older children and adults. Thousands of people contract this fever and after 24 hours it is usually gone.  (This sounds like the case for Payton).  However, the concern is if they get it a second time, which increases their chances of developing a more severe case which would most likely send them to the hospital.  Dengue fever is much like the West Nile virus.   
3 days after possible Dengue Fever.  Eating and feeling better, but not able to leave the house yet.  Hermana Nancy brought the food to them!  Love her!

Showing Elder Thorpe how happy we are that he is doing better.

Payton had a fever and flu-like symptoms for a few days that resembled "Dengue Fever".  Tests were done today with negative results for Dengue.

No comments:

Post a Comment