Monday, March 17, 2014

BAPTISM!!

Hey my big Fam Damliy!

AH man oh I love mondays, and they come so fast! This week freaking flew! It might be because we had a BAPTISM on Saturday! Juana Flores was baptized a member of the church and we had an awesome experience! I have never met anyone so ready for this gospel, it was awesome to be a part of it all! 
I am so glad that Sunshine was great for you all! And it looks like it was pretty warm. That's what I like to hear! Nick it sounds like you tore it up dude! Hah atta boy! Haha and Jantsen I love the quote dude! Elder Hansen just read that with me and we both said that it is so true haha.  
This week went pretty great! Had us an awesome baptism and some pretty great lessons! We also found a new family that is pretty positive.  We also found this lady who is a member, but hasn't been to church for a while because she has had some problems.  She was baptized when she was 13 and then she moved away for a while, got married, and has two kids.  About 3 years ago, her husband got really sick and died kind of suddenly, leaving her alone with a 7 year old boy and now she has a new baby girl that just turned 1.  Her baby has some sort of growth thing on her head and she needs to have it removed, but the mom doesn't have the money to do it.  She is basically alone because her parents died when she was younger and she only has one other sister that lives a ways away.  She can't go work because she has to stay home and take care of her baby.  The situation is so sad, but the cool thing is that she wants to come back to the church.  We told her that she can find a lot of help through the church and also blessings that she can receive.  I was very humbled when we heard her story! She is so nice and so strong! I can't imagine how tough that would be.
We also had a good lesson with R, but he still isn't progressing as much as we want.  We are going to visit him today with a recent convert, M. C., and I think that the testimony from her will help him out a lot! 
We have transfers this week, but I am pretty sure that I will stay here in the Zarc for another 6 weeks.  Haha the members are making jokes that I might as well buy my own house there.  But we'll see what happens!

We had an awesome stake conference yesterday.  It was a satilite broadcast for all of Central America.  We got to hear from ELder Scott and Elder Oaks! Elder Scott gave his talk all in Spanish, it was so cool! They talked a lot about Family home evening and how important it is.  I am so glad that you made us do that every week, Mom! It really strengthens the family so much! 
This church Is true and this is the Lord's work! I am so happy to hear all of the kids getting their calls! The work sure is moving!
Dad, thank you so much for your advice.  I don't know how you do it, but you always say the things that I need to hear.  
Love you all tons! Talk to ya next week! 

Elder Thorpe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment