Monday, August 18, 2014

The joy of being a "missionary mom"...

This is Elder Thorpe's mom.  I would just like to share a few excerpts Elder Thorpe wrote to his grandparents to show how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has affected this missionary.  Elder Thorpe has always had a great relationship with his Grandpa and the two of them have compared this 2 year journey to that of a football game from day one.
If you read this blog from beginning until now, you will notice the growth in this young man, but this letter wraps it up nicely to this point in his mission.  He had been out 13 months when he wrote this.

"It's been going good down here.  I've adjusted to life here and I"m comfortable with the language.  I really love this country and the people I get to meet.  Yeah, it's crazy and stressful sometimes, but I just love it.  But most importantly, I have come to love this Gospel.  I may not have understood it before the mission, but now, a year later, I can say that I have a strong testimony of this church and Gospel and know how important it is.  I have seen the blessings that come from being faithful to it's teachings and also how it can change people's lives.
I have felt the Savior's love for me so many times in the past year, and I know that he is always there, no matter what mistakes we might make.
The second half is just about to start, and I've got a real good game plan on how to finish strong.  I know what plays work, and where the weak spots are.  So I hope you guys get some good seats!"

Keep up the great work Elder!!



No comments:

Post a Comment