Monday, February 9, 2015

Sweep the earth with righteousness and truth!

Hey Guys!

Dad, I hope you had a great time in Arizona, sounds like you did! It had to have been fun with the group you went with! Yeah that is my question though, haha how did you get invited? But I bet you learned a lot! That's crazy that baseball tryouts are coming up.  That tourney in St George should be fun! Elder Laing and I will be thinking of it this week! Hope things keep going good for everyone! Yes, that was a scorpion that we found in our house. :) But that was back when it was really dirty so now its clean and good! Sounds like you were able to hear some pretty great Homecoming talks yesterday.  That's awesome! 

So we are about to start the 6th and final week of this change.  I feel like we were just starting it like a week ago and now it's over again.  This was a good week for us! I personally learned a lot of different things that I could do to better my teaching and have put them into practice this week.  It's been fun how much of a difference it has made.  We are teaching this A___ B____ kid.  I think I told you about him last week? He is like 24 and is a cool guy.  We were able to have some great lessons with him and we have put a goal for him to be baptized at the end of this month! The only thing that is a little hard for him right now is that he works a lot so it's a bit tough to get him to church. But he's progressing pretty well. Mom, I've got some bad news.  L____ was really positive for us and we had great hopes for her, but she told us this week that she had some dream that told her to go to the Evangelical church.  Dumb right? We nicely tried to tell her that that wasn't a dream from God, but she is pretty set on it.  Hopefully we can get back to talk to her soon. Also, we have kind of dropped E_____. She just doesn't want it.  She won't even come to church now.  We think it's because her grandma is Catholic and she has a big influence on her.  But, sometime in the future will be her time. 
We had our house inspection with Pres Spjut on friday and it all went great! We cleaned the house really good and Hna Spjut said it looked good.  We also had interviews with Pres. Spjut which was great as well, it helped me out a ton. So now the trick is to see if we can keep the house the way it is right now. Elder B___ came to work with us for a day.  I don't know if you guys remember him? He was with me in Atiquizaya like 7 or 8 months ago.  It was so much fun to be with him again.  We get along so well and it had been a long time since we had really seen each other.  He is a super funny kid, and a great teacher! I learned lots from him as well. 
We had an awesome Stake Conference this saturday and sunday as well. I am back in the stake of Atiquizaya so that has been cool.  The really crazy thing is that they just released the stake president and the new one they called was the bishop in my ward in Atiquizaya.  Crazy, right? That was pretty cool. But in the conference they talked so much about how important it is to have the whole ward working together and how it needs to be a tight family. It is most important for the kids so that they grow up learning great things and making good decisions. I hope you all are doing your part in the new 16th ward back home! You never know who could be watching you and who could be following your example.  I also read this article from Elder Bednar in the January Liahona that talks about how Social Media is such a huge thing right now and how everyone, especially the youth,(Jantsen, Nick and Brooks) should use it "to sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth".  Keep spreading the good word dudes! Proud of you boys. 

Well Fam, I hope you all have a fantastic week this week.  Before we know it we will be back here writing again! I just got a letter from home today, and rumor has it that Jeff and Janes pkg is waiting for me in the office, so I should get it this week! Love you all tons!

Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment