Monday, June 15, 2015

Uno Mas!!

My dear family!

I would be lying if I said I don't feel weird right now.  I just saw pics of Stephen, Hum, Caleb and Karson all together.  Has 2 years really gone by? I can't believe it! But everyone sounds good! Lazer tag sounds like it was a blast. Loved the pics, so good to see Kaden too! They all don't look like they have changed much. At least not physically haha. 

Well, this week was a good one. We have found some super positive people! They are progressing a lot and we love them!
One of them is named V_____M_____. V___ is a brother of a member that was baptized about 2 years ago.  The member is inactive so we went to visit him to get to know him and that's how we found V___. We have taught him only a couple times, but man he is so cool.  He is one of those investigators who understands what we teach him the first time we teach it. He says he would like to be baptized, but with a little more time. He has a big family that all live right there with him and only 2 of the 10 siblings are members.  So we were jumping for joy when we found this family. 
Another family that we found was kind of a miracle.  It is the L____ family, H___ and V____, and their 2 sons, A____ and M____.  H____ was baptized a long time ago but hasn't gone in many years.  We found them just contacting in the street. We visited them the first time and they were so nice and were really interested. H____ works a lot so he says it will be hard for him to get to church, but V_____ committed to church in the first visit. She was unable to go, but I'm really hoping that they progress quickly!
We have been trying so hard with L____ and her grandma, but the grandma just isn't quite sure about it all yet. Hopefully this week she says yes.
Another cool thing this week is that I was finally able to Meet the Mormons! Pretty sweet flick.  The Navy football coach was cool, and the old pilot guy! And the fighter from Costa Rica.  Sure is cool to be Mormon! We watched it in our church building on Saturday with some members and investigators.
Another thing I did this past week was have my last interview with Pres. Spjut. It was a really great interview and I got some great advice to help me with life after the mission. I'm still nervous for the future, but I feel confident that all will be fine.  I'm well prepared with all the stuff I have gone through and learned in these past 2 years, and I'm excited to see where life takes me and the things I will be able to do.  Can't wait to see you all! Miss ya all like crazy, but just 10 more days.  Next week I will write a summary of my mission for you all and the things that I have learned.  Although, Dad is right, it is going to be very hard to find the words to describe it.
Have a great week guys! Stay busy Mom and Dad, makes the time go faster, haha, I promise.

Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment