Monday, September 30, 2013

My first baptism!


Hey fam!

I am excited for General Conference this week.  I have heard that I might be able to watch it in English, but idk.  We'll see.  Yeah, it is very hot here, all the time.  (Except for my cold showers).  I sweat constantly and have a rag that I take everywhere with me to wipe the sweat off my face, haha!  There are some pretty weird bugs here, and we always have ants in our house, all over our plates and sink!  That is kind of gross, but we just rinse it off with water and use them.  We have transfers this Wednesday, but I will stay in the same area with my same companion, but our changes will be before Christmas so I don't know if I'll be in the same area or with the same companion.  Probably not.  So I don't know what to tell you about the packages.  But I love getting them and just little treats and snacks are perfect.  The peanut butter and nutella were awesome that you sent me, thank you!  We played sports with the President last week so we didn't have time to buy food for all of us last week so I've been on a diet haha!  I have probably lost some weight!
That is awesome to hear about football, I'm glad everyone is doing well!  That is also good that Jantsen's hand is getting better.  Just tape that thing up and go play!!  So I had my first baptism yesterday.  I was the one that got to baptize him!   I was nervous to do it, but I said everything perfectly and it went great!   He and two other people were baptized from another area, it was a cool experience!  
I hope things continue to go great for everyone back home, I miss you all so much and I am so grateful for all the love and support I have from all of you!
Love you all so much!
Love, Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment