Monday, November 11, 2013

La iglesia es verdadera!! (The Church is true!!)

What Up FAMILIA??!!

What a week this has been.  I have now realized that the hardest times for me are when we are about to have changes.  I don't understand why, but the homesickness and overwhelming feelings always come right before changes.  It has been a hard week and yesterday after church I was feeling pretty alone.  I got down on my knees and did the thing that I have come to love to do more than anything and that is to just talk to my Father in Heaven.  I have tried to talk to him like he is right there with me, stopping after I say something and really try to feel a response coming back.  Yesterday was a very cool experience for me.  I was expecting a response from him after I asked for some strength to help me feel better, but it didn't come like I was expecting, as usual.  As soon as I ended my prayer, I remembered my patriarchal blessing.  I have read that thing a bunch of times, but this time I read it out loud and I learned more things about myself and how I will be successful with this missionary work.  Man, I felt so good! The feelings came back today, but I have a better mindset on it and it just feels good,  I don't know how else to explain it. I also believe that it is the awesome love and support that I have back home from you all! I can really feel your prayers! Thank you! How is the extended fam doing? We are teaching a familia that has twin boys and they are about the age that Ryker and Hunter will be when I get home, it made me miss those two so much! Hope everyone is doing great! Grandma Thorpe said that the cabin is ready for winter and that they have to snowmobile in from now on.  Ahhh yeah, that hurts haha.  I believe that one of the biggest things I miss is the cabin! Easily my favorite place in the world.  I might just live there for awhile when I get home!
NICK!! Dude, I am so proud of you! You are getting old man, I can't believe you are 12 and will be passing the sacrament now.  I sent you all letters awhile ago, have you gotten them yet?? I haven't gotten any packages yet, so most likely this week. I don't know how it will work with the changes and stuff, but I'll figure it out! 
Dad, I am happy that you took my advice and served someone.  And what better person to serve than mom, right? She is an incredible woman.  She is the one who challenged me to serve people more and it has really helped me feel better.  It's hard to do, but it really helps.

Well, I have some cool pictures that I want to send so Ill try to send a couple today. I am so pumped for the SD cards that you guys are gonna send! That will be so sweet. 
I have to go, but Ill let you know how the changes go, next week!
Love ya familia, miss ya tons! La iglesia es verdadera!!

Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment