Monday, June 16, 2014

OOOYYY!!



Hey guys! Man, I sure love Mondays and reading all your emails.  I know exactly how you feel mom! But good gravy, Mondays come so fast it's insane! I don't know where the time is going! Dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! Hope it was a good day, haha its true, the dad's kinda get the shaft.  It would be awesome to be able to call you! I thought about ya quite a bit yesterday and I can't explain how grateful I am for a Dad like you.  You have no idea how much I have learned from you! We were teaching a powerful lesson to a guy that is inactive, and a father of 10 kids.  He thinks it's okay that he doesn't go to church, but his kids do.  His family has a ton of problems and you can tell that it all starts with the example of the parents.  I was so incredibly grateful to be able to bear a STRONG testimony of how important it is to have a good example for a dad, and I was able to do that because that's how my dad is! Love ya pops! SOunds like everyone is doing good! Minus the house... That makes me hurt to see those pictures! Haha sounds like it was such a crazy week for you guys.  Hope it's all getting fixed now!
SO this week was kinda crazy for me too, we had changes! Elder Gomez chucked a duece and My new Comp is Elder Calva, from Ecudor.  This kid is so cool! He looks like he is 15 haha but I love him! He has 16 months in the mission so he is on the down hill.  I'm excited to work with him! 
We had a couple good lessons, but nothing too exciting happened.  Santa Claus is a great guy, but he just hasn't come to church yet.   But his family is pretty positive and so is he! So we will keep working hard with that! The girl named L is sooo cool, just sooo hard to find at her house.  She hasn't been able to come to church yet either.  But I think she will go this next week!
So I thought we had some hard rain before, but I learned that  I hadn't seen anything until this week! We had some flooding going on and the streets were rivers! I got really wet, and the poncho and the boots didn't hold up for me, I still got wet.  Haha but it was a lot of fun! I'll send some pictures.  
Well I love you all so much! I hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Love Elder Thorpe
Elders Neilson (in Cancun now with his fam) and Elder Sanchez (he was my trainer).  These two guys are awesome!

If you turn to pg 19 in the liahona of may you will be happy to find THE Rylee Ollerton! Haha sooo COOL!! I was like, I know her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment