Monday, July 7, 2014

One year down!!

Hey Fam!
 
Man what a week I have had.  My testimony has grown a lot this week, personally.  We had a lot of struggles and it was just all around a hard week.  But ya know, some weeks are like that and you just gotta roll with the punches! We went to help some guy knock down 4 adobe walls in his house, then haul all of the dirt out in 100lb bags.  Haha it was some really hard work and we were exhausted afterwards! We started at 7 in the morning and ended at 1 because we had to go to work and preach the gospel.  Haha! So Friday and Saturday were some really tough working days! Then to top it all off, we had the pleasure to fast so that made it all even better.  But! I made it through and we get to start another week fresh.
It sounds like you all are so good.  I haven't opened the package yet, haha I haven't had time today yet! Bet I'm excited to open it! I got a package from gma and gpa thorpe!! They sent some awesome stuff, and a piece of carpet! I loved that, and I have put my face in it a bunch of times since! It was good to hear from them and that they are doing well, enjoying the retired life! It is really crazy that I am about to have a year in the mission now.  It has gone so flipping fast! And Everyone keeps telling me that this next year will go sooo fast.  I guess we'll see! Thank you all for the awesome emails and support! I am so lucky to have such an awesome family. 
Working wise, we had a rough week.  My faith was tested in many ways this week and one thing I have realized is how much I have changed and grown.  I think if I would have had this week a year ago, I would be packing my bags and heading home.  But I have this new understanding of God's plan for us and yeah, it was a hard week, but I knew I would get through it somehow.  L is doing good, but didn't go to church this week.  He says he wants to see a baptism before he agrees to be baptized so we are hoping all goes good this sunday with D's baptism so he can see it.  D is all good now, just waiting for sunday! Pray for her tho, that she can keep this animo that she's got!
I'm sorry guys I just don't have that much time today.  But I am so glad that you all had a good 4th of july weekend and you got some golfing and cabin time in! Jants, you look like you are ready to start football, I like it!
Well, I love you all so much and really am so grateful for all you do for me! Miss ya!
 
Elder Thorpe
 
Also, could you guys put another one of those towels in a birthday package? mine is a little... I just need a new one. :) Also send those pictures of when I got shot by the bb haha no one here believes me! Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment