Monday, December 29, 2014

#2015isgonnabeDOPE

Hey!
Man it was so great to talk to you guys on thursday!! You all looked fantastic and really tall(Nick and Jantsen). I can't believe how fast the time has gone and is going. Hard to think that I waited 7 months to talk to you all, and now I'm in the last quarter of the mission.  Well I hope that you all have had a great weekend. It seems like you did, judging from the pictures! Good to see that the snow finally got to you all! Mom, thank you very much for the advice. I needed to hear it! You too, Dad. This area is tough, but I know I am learning something and like you both say, it will all be worth it if I just keep working hard. Love you all!  The house looks way cool, I can't wait to see that quote room! Jants! You totally stole my quote! "Lets dance, you and I" haha man I love it! Glad to hear and see that you all had lots of fun and are doing great! 

Our whole zone got to go to an old Mayan Ruin today called Tazumal.  It was pretty cool! I'll send some pictures of it. 

 It has been a pretty good week for us, but a bit hard to teach lessons because everyone has been on vacation or with their families.  However, we were able to visit M____ and her family a few times.  We talked to her husband for the first time last night and he is a cool guy, but when we invited him to church he said that we are welcome over to his house and everything, but he's not going to church.  That was a little disappointing. But their daughter, M____, went to church today so that was good. Other than that, not much has happened.  

The activity we had as the mission was cool. I told you a little bit about it,but it really was a lot of fun. We got to play basketball for a bit and then we had this big gift exchange thing like a white elephant. All the Elders had to buy a gift for an elder, and sisters for sisters. My gift that I got was a cool parachute guy so I was content. Elder Smith bought like 50 tortillas and put them in a box haha! It was hilarious when the kid who got it opened it up. I'll send a picture of it.
Yes, it has been hard lately with having success, but like you said Dad, success is measured in many ways.  I know that things can change here if we keep working hard and if we have more faith.  This next week should be better for us. I don't have too much to say this week. Not much has happened since thursday haha.  But know that I love you all very much and I hope you all have a great New Year! #2015isgonnabeDOPE
Talk next week!

Elder Thorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment