Monday, April 20, 2015

I Love the temple!








HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

I hope you are having a great day! Can you believe it's your birthday again?? Time goes fast, but you haven't aged a bit! You look fantastic, not a day over 39 haha!  I'm glad that you got my letter! I'm also glad that you all had a great week this past week. Lots of ball games!  Nick it sounds like you are playing great like usual! Brooks, I know you are playing great and learning lots, sometimes you have to learn by taking the loss.  Jants, have fun at prom this weekend! Your first prom… you're growing up! Dad I forgot to tell you last week, haha, but dang, that pic of you and Steve at your wedding is pretty sweet! You guys were looking pretty darn good! Also, that is cool the the Kronmillers saw Elder Longfellow! I knew him pretty well down here, he is a great kid! 

 Well, the rain came hard this week.  We didn't get all that wet because it has usually rained at night, but it rained a lot. You would think that that would make it a little less hot, but no, now its just super humid and still hot. But I'm getting used to it!
So, the O____ family is struggling a little bit.  The dad started drinking again this last week and it has caused a lot of pain for the family, and for us.  He was doing really good and had 5 days without drinking, and then some friends invited him.  He wants to stop and he wants to change, but its just so hard to get away from it.  We are really praying for a miracle with him, and also so that the family doesn't get too discouraged. One of the daughters went to church with us and a few of her cousins, so that went well.  There was actually 7 of them that came yesterday so we were pumped for that! They really liked it and said they would like to be baptized, but we will visit them this week and see what happens. 
M_____ has been a bit difficult to find this week. We weren't able to visit him too much and he didn't come to church yesterday.  He has started working so I think that's why. But we will see what we can do this week.
Some good news is that we are teaching a family that I was teaching last year when I was in Manantiales. Their names are A___ and J____. Before they were interested, but J____ was always working so they never went to church, but they are really nice people.  The other day we were walking when I saw them sitting outside their house. They moved and are now living in El Angel.  We have met with them a few times this week and want to go to church and are really thinking about getting married and baptized.  J____ isn't working as much anymore so lets hope things work out for them. They didn't come to church yesterday, but they are progressing.
The sisters in my district have been working real hard and are doing great. They have been making me work hard getting all of their baptism interviews done. There were 3 baptisms this past weekend and they went great.  One guy's name is F____ and he has so much faith its amazing. He told me that he had gone to church for the past 3 weeks and everytime he has gone to church, someone has broken in to his house and stolen stuff. He sees it as like a temptation from Satan trying to get him not to go to church. But, haha he keeps coming and was baptized yesterday! It's cool to see a convert that really understands the imortance of going to church.
We went to the temple this week!! Ah man, I love the temple. It had been awhile since I had gone in. We had to get up a bit early to go, but it was worth it.  It might have been my last time going to that temple. I think I might be able to go on my last day here but I'm not sure. I'll send some pictures! One of the kids in my zone is Elder H_____ from Washington.  The 2013 football season, he was the running back for UCLA. Haha he is a cool kid and super funny. It has been fun to talk football with him. He is planning on going to BYU to play when he gets home.  But, I'm trying to convince him to go to the U haha. Hope he goes! 

Well, on to another week! I cannot believe that the time is going so fast.  Can't believe there are dates set for the homecomings.  I love you all so much and miss ya! 
Have a great week! 

Elder Thorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment